Prakriti is registered under The Society Registration Act XXI of 1860 (Registration No 429 of 1990 dated 29th October 1990 at Chittoor in Andhra Pradesh. Prakriti has registered for an exemption under section 80G of the Income Tax Act and also has a permission to receive donation in foreign currencies.
To create family centered society characterized by rapid, sustainable and equitable development with women being equal contributors to this process.
Prakriti is committed to a human development approach for women’s emancipation in the larger context and in particular for the rural women of its work areas in the micro context. In this regard the organization has etched out the following projections by way of its long- term mission and goal. Men and women both have to be made aware of the events and issues affecting their development, self-esteem and self-respect. To identify positive possibilities in women associates and provide them with suitable leadership inputs with the view to involve them in activities related to social regeneration of society. To undertake relevant research and study projects highlighting gender inequities prevalent in society and to bring distinction to the organization through the documentation and dissemination activities related to the same. To distinguish the organization at the local, regional and national level as a supportive women’s organization that enhances women’s empowerment through capacity building initiatives for bringing about social transformation. To establish and forge strong networking amongst the various women’s organizations working in the country and thereby extending support and encouragement so as to create an environment to foster and embark on development initiatives with innovative and newer ideologies. Also to act as an initiator to begin a new era for their self-development, pride and self respect
· To create awareness among women as well as men on issues affecting their development and growth, dignity and self-respect;
· To identify potential women partners to generate leadership and initiate programs of social regeneration;
· To function as documentation-cum-information dissemination center to small groups on gender related issues;
· To function as a linkage organization of women at local, regional, state and national level to help enhancing their skills, understanding, abilities and capacities for social transformation;
· To support and promote women workers in the country to develop programs and create an environment conductive to their growth, dignity and self-respect
Prakriti’s project office and resource center is based at village Lonara in Nagpur District of Vidarbha, Maharashtra